Base Fare – $2.75
Subway and Local Bus (Reduced-Fare $1.35)
Express Bus – $6.50
(Reduced-Fare $3.00 off-peak only)
7-Day Unlimited – $31
7-Day Express Bus Plus – $57.25
30-Day Unlimited – $116.50
Single Ride ticket – $3.00
Sold at vending machines only.
Must be used within 2 hours;
No transfers included.
An additional 11% is added to your MetroCard with the purchase or addition of $5.50 or more.
Note: PATH, AirTrain, and Express buses do not accept 7- and 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard.
Fee for purchase of a new MetroCard – $1
Fee applies to each new MetroCard purchased at station booth, vending machine or commuter rail station.
About the $1 New Card Fee
The MTA charges a $1.00 “new card fee” for each new MetroCard purchased at a MetroCard Vending Machine or station booth, or commuter rail station.
- Avoid this fee by keeping and refilling your current MetroCard at any MVM or station booth.
- You will be issued a new MetroCard at no charge if your card is expiring or damaged.
- The new $1.00 charge will not apply to a MetroCard bought at an out-of-system vendor, reduced fare customers (seniors and customers with disabilities), users of EasyPayXpress cards, transit benefit organization customers who get their MetroCard directly from employers or their benefit providers, and customers who purchase a combination railroad/MetroCard ticket.
Get the MetroCard that Refills Automatically
Sign up for EasyPayXpress MetroCard at www.easypaymetrocard.com
- Use your credit or debit card to sign up (tax-free benefit cards also accepted)
- Choose Pay-Per-Ride or 30-Day Unlimited Ride
- Your MetroCard will refill automatically
- View your account online
- And, there is no loss to you if your card is lost or stolen.